How to Use the Nissan Easy-Fill Tire Alert System
Constantly trying to make things easier for drivers, Nissan created a way to make maintaining proper tire pressure less of a hassle. And having the correct tire pressure can not only improve your vehicle’s performance but can also save you money on gas. So, here’s how to use the Nissan Easy-Fill Tire Alert system.
“Ensuring your tires are inflated to the correct pressure is one very simple step consumers can take to help make their vehicles safer, especially with the start of summer road trips.” – Sarah Cardinali, senior manager, Product Safety, Nissan North America
Properly inflated tires are able to save up to 11 cents per gallon on gas and extend a tire’s life by over 4,000 miles, so why do so many drivers have improperly inflated tires? The answer is simple: it’s hard to know when the tires are at the proper pressure. Luckily, Nissan’s Easy-Fill Tire Alert system will take away the guesswork and help you fill your tires to the correct pressure every time—without needing a handheld pressure device!
- First, park your vehicle and apply the parking brake.
- Leave the ignition on (accessory mode) but keep the engine off
- As you start to fill a tire, the exterior lights will flash to indicate that the system is monitoring the change in pressure
- Once the tire meets the correct pressure, the horn will go off to tell you it’s done
- If the tire is over-inflated, the horn will sound again, and the hazard lights will flash 3 times to tell you that you need to release some air
Easy-Fill Tire Alert is available on the Altima, Armada, LEAF, Maxima, Murano, Pathfinder, Rogue, Rogue Sport, Sentra, TITAN, Versa and Versa Note.
For other maintenance tips, continue to follow our blog! If your vehicle needs a check-up or any service before you go on a summer road trip, you can contact our service technicians online or by calling 281-973-0110.