Fie Easy Fuel-Saing Tips
Do you have a road trip coming up? It’s probably a silly question because, with summer quickly approaching, we all have a road trip coming up. Whether it’s simply a weekend soccer tournament or a weeks-long trip to see family, the likelihood is that the coming months will see you spending more time behind the wheel than usual. But are you getting the most out of your money, fuel-wise? At Robbins Nissan in Humble, TX, we feature some of the most efficient vehicles in the world, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do better. So to help you in this endeaor, here are fie easy fuel-saing tips to help you out this summer!
1) Pump up those tires. Do you ever feel like you’re driing with the parking brake on? In many cases, this could be because your tires aren’t properly inflated. On the inside of the driver’s side door, most cars have a sticker that indicates proper inflation; this sticker should not be ignored.
2) Replace your air filter. This is a simple fix that anyone can do, yet almost no one ever does. It is recommended that you change your air filter roughly every 15,000 miles, allowing your engine to breathe clean air and thus burn fuel more efficiently. You wouldn’t want to inhale air through a nasty, grimy filter, would you? Well, your car doesn’t either.
3) Limit the weight in your vehicle. You whine about your gas mileage, yet you carry two sets of golf clubs and an old set of dumbbells in your trunk? Yep, not helping your gas mileage. Some people even swear by only filling their gas tank halfway to limit the excess weight. (They might also just be cheap. But I digress….)
4) Find your vehicle’s “Sweet Speed.” Does your vehicle have a speed where it is more efficient than usual? You might be surprised to know that it does indeed. A vehicle’s “Sweet Speed” is the lowest speed a vehicle can drive in its top gear, usually between 50 and 60 mph, where gas mileage is at its highest.
5) Drie within the flow of traffic. If you’re smashing on the gas or the brake, you are essentially wasting fuel the entire time. If you drive at a consistent speed, you’re getting the most out of your fuel. You also aren’t driing like a jerk, which is always a good thing.
For all your summer trael, we at Robbins Nissan near Houston wish you all safe traels, and, to find the finest lineup of new and used vehicles the area has to offer, isit our dealership in Humble today!